General terms and conditions of sale
Last updated: April 2017
- Seller’s identity and legal notices : Lasso Shoes, a limited liability company with a capital of 2,100 euros, whose headquarter is located at 63 b rue Heurtault, Aubervilliers (93300), is registered with the Bobigny Trade and Companies Registry under the number 790 389 167 ( “Lasso”).
VAT number: FR88790389167
The publication director is Mr Gaspard Tine‑Beres.
The website ‘lasso-shoes.fr’ (hereinafter referred to as the “website”) is hosted by OVH Siège social : 2 rue Kellermann - 59100 Roubaix – France
+33 9 72 10 10 07.
Website design: Amandine Richard.
- Applicability: The present General Terms and Conditions of Sale (the “GTC”) apply to any purchase made by a consumer, that is to say a natural person not acting for business purposes, (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”), on the website. By ticking the box relating to the acceptance of the GTC when ordering and/or creating a customer account (the “Customer Account”), the Customer declares to have read, understood and accepted without reservation the GTC. If necessary, the GTC can be included in the order confirmation email.
- Products: Lasso’s products are made in France from French and Italian materials. In addition to the different models, Lasso offers a wide choice of colored shoelaces. The products displayed on the website remain as close to reality as possible.
- Prices: The prices indicated on the website are in euros, all taxes included, on the basis of the VAT rate in force in France. Any order shipped out of mainland France may be subject to any local taxes, customs duties, dock dues and fees for customs clearance on delivery, as well as bank charges. Their acquittal is charged to the Customer and is its responsibility.
- Customer Account: Prior to, or when placing an order on the website, the Customer may create a Customer Account by filling in the available form and by ticking the box relating to the acceptance of the GTC. The Customer Account shows customer details, order history and any discount vouchers available. The Customer is solely responsible for the choice of its ID and password, as well as their confidentiality.
- Orders: To place an order, the Customer chooses a product, its color, its size and fills the shopping cart by clicking on the button “Add to cart”. The “cart” tab which appears summarizes the desired order (model, quantity, price of the product and total price including VAT and shipping costs), and the Customer can continue the order by clicking on the “Check out” button. On the “Your Order” page, the order is summarized with this same information and the Customer has the possibility to modify the order and to identify any possible errors that may have been made when choosing the product(s) on the website. On the same “Your order” page, the Customer can enter a discount code if it has one. The Customer then chooses either (i) “Express Order”, for which there is no need to create a Customer Account, or (ii) order with a Customer Account.
(i) For the express order, the Customer enters its details (surname, first name, delivery address);
(ii) If the Customer has a Customer Account the delivery details will be those corresponding to the Customer Account.
The Customer can finalize the order by choosing the method of delivery, by accepting the terms and conditions (mandatory) and then by clicking on the text box “I confirm my order”.
The order placed on the website is automatically canceled if payment is not received in full. Order confirmation is sent by way of automatic email to the email address in the Customer Account or to the email address indicated during an express order.
- Payment: the price is due in full once the order has been confirmed by the Customer. The Customer may choose to pay by (i) credit card (debit card, Visa, MasterCard, Maestro) or via a secure Paybox (ii) PayPal; provided that an account has already been created on the site <paypal.com> and that the Customer is already logged in or by (iii) bank transfer to the following bank account: IBAN FR76 3007 6020 5136 5057 0020 010
The invoice will be sent by email to the Customer once full payment is received.
- Unavailability of ordered product(s): Lasso makes every effort to fulfill each Customer order. If the product(s) is/are unavailable once the order has been confirmed, the Customer will be informed by email or by telephone as soon as possible. The Customer will be offered either a change of model or a refund for the price of the product(s) within fourteen (14) calendar days following receipt of payment of the amounts in question.
- Delivery: The delivery is made according to the delivery method chosen by the Customer when ordering on the website and the delivery takes place at the address indicated at the time of the order. The estimated delivery time and delivery costs are indicated on the order summary before the order is registered. Costs are dependent on the content of the order (quantity ordered, place of delivery, speed of delivery…). In the event the delivery deadline is not respected, the Customer must write to Lasso (same contact details) and urge it make the delivery within a reasonable additional time period. If Lasso has not delivered the ordered product(s) within this additional time period the Customer reserves the right to cancel the sale by writing to Lasso (contact details can be found in Article 21 of the GTC). In this case, the total price of the order will be refunded within fourteen (14) days following the order cancellation.
The risks of loss and damage of the ordered product(s) are borne by the Customer once the product(s) is/are physically handed over, except if the delivery is entrusted to another carrier than that offered by Lasso. If the package is damaged or has been opened, we recommend that you refuse the package or that you note down on the delivery receipt precise and detailed comments regarding your dissatisfaction which you should then send by registered mail to the carrier within three (3) days after receipt of said package. In any event, the Customer can contact Lasso.
In the event that a package regularly transported to the Customer is returned to Lasso, the Customer will be notified and the costs of a new shipment will be invoiced to the Customer according to the applicable tariffs.
- Returns: (i) The Customer may ask to change the size of the product, provided that it has not been assembled, damaged or soiled. In order to do this, the Customer must send an email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org and sends, at its own expense, the product to the following address: LOGTEX, Att. Lasso 2, rue William et Catherine Booth, Troyes (10000), France.
(ii) If the product is defective, Lasso will replace it with an identical model (subject to availability; failing this the Customer will be fully reimbursed). The product must be sent to the following address LOGTEX, Att. Lasso 2, rue William et Catherine Booth, Troyes (10000), France at Lasso’s expense.
- Right of withdrawal: In accordance with the French Consumer Code, the Customer has the right, without having to give a reason, and without any charge, to exercise its right of withdrawal from the product(s) ordered on the website within a period of fourteen (14) calendar days after receipt of the product(s). The date on the carrier’s delivery receipt will attest to this. The Customer must complete the form provided at the end of these GTC and return it either by
- regular mail at the following address: Lasso-Shoes 63b rue Heurtault 93300 Aubervilliers
- email at the following email address: email@example.com
Once the Customer has exercised its right of withdrawal it must return the new product(s), in their original packaging, within fourteen (14) days following the dispatch date of the Customer’s withdrawal letter or email. The costs of returning the product(s) will be borne by the Customer. Lasso undertakes to reimburse the Customer for the returned product(s) and the delivery costs to the card used at the time of payment within a maximum period of fourteen (14) days following the date on which Lasso receives the Customer’s decision to withdraw.
- Legal Guarantees: Lasso is liable for any lack of product conformity, under the conditions of Articles L. 211-4 et seq. and L. 217-7 et seq. of the French Consumer Code, and for any latent defects of the item(s) it sells, under the conditions of Articles 1641 et seq. of the French Civil Code.
Legal guarantee of conformity :
When the Customer acts as a legal guarantee of conformity it :
- benefits from a period of two years from the issuance of the goods to act;
- may choose between repairing or replacing the goods, subject to the cost conditions laid down in Article L. 211-9 of the French Consumer Code ;
- is exempt from providing proof of the lack of conformity of the goods for twenty-four months following the issuance of the goods.
Legal guarantee of latent defects on product(s) sold:
The Customer may implement the legal guarantee against any latent defects of the item(s) sold (Article 1641 of the French Civil Code). In this instance, the Customer may choose between the cancellation of the sale and a reduction of the sale price (Article 1644 of the French Civil Code). The action resulting from latent defects must be brought by the purchaser within two years after the discovery of the defect (Article 1648 of the French Civil Code).
- Retention of title: The products ordered remain the property of Lasso until full payment of the price.
- Force Majeure: Lasso’s obligations will be suspended should a force majeure event occur. Upon the cessation of the event of force majeure Lasso’s obligations shall be reinstated. Force majeure is defined in the traditional sense as recognized by French jurisprudence.
- Intellectual Property: The utilization of the website and ordering of a product does not give, in any event, the Customer the right to the brand, logos or distinctive features associated with the products on the website.
- Personal Data: The Customer’s personal data(surname, first name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, information on means of payment…) collected during the creation of a Customer Account and through product orders is recorded in a computerized file by Lasso, and is retained solely for the purposes set out in the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) standard n°NS-048, namely customer management (order, delivery, invoicing), market research, development of business statistics, organization of promotional operations, management of requests for access rights, rectification and opposition, management of arrears and litigation, and management of customer opinions on products and services. This data shall be retained for the period strictly necessary for the achievement of the pursued objective during data collection in accordance with standard n° NS-048. More information on the processing time of this data can be found on the CNIL’s website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/declaration/ns-048-fichiers-clients-prospects-et-vente-en-ligne.
Customers are informed that they have the right to, in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 (Loi Informatique et Libertés) as amended, access, rectify and oppose, as well as the right to organize the fate of their personal data in the event of death. Customers may exercise these rights, free of charge, by contacting Lasso:
- by regular mail at the following address : Lasso-Shoes 63b rue Heurtault 93300 Aubervilliers
- by email at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dispute Resolution: In accordance with Articles L. 612‑1 et seq. of the Consumer Code, Lasso adheres to the mediation services of FEVAD, whose contact details are [FEVAD 60 rue la Boétie75008 PARIS]. In the event of a dispute, the Customer sends Lasso, by letter with acknowledgement of receipt, a written complaint to resolve this dispute. In the absence of an agreement, the Customer may enter the Fevad, free of charge, subject to the terms and conditions specified on its website: http://www.mediateurfevad.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Charte-de-médiation_e-commerce_FEVAD_150416.pdf.
In addition, the Customer may also file a complaint on the online dispute resolution platform provided by the European Commissions which is accessible at the following address: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. Lasso adheres to Fevad
- Partial Invalidity: If one or more of the GTC stipulations were found to be unlawful or null and void, such illegality or invalidity should not result in the illegality or invalidity of the other GTC stipulations which would still remain applicable.
- Applicable Law: The GTC and the relations between the Customer and Lasso are subject to French law, with the exception of conflict-of-law rules; and subject to the application of mandatory provisions of the law of the State where the Customer has its habitual residence if the latter is situated on the territory of the European Union.
- Jurisdiction: Any difference of opinion, claim or dispute arising out of the application or interpretation of the GTC will be submitted to the competent French courts.
- Contact: If you have any queries, you may contact Lasso by telephone at 06.71.49.11.23, by email at email@example.com, or by post at the address: 63 b rue Heurtault, Aubervilliers (93300), France.
Model withdrawal form :
(Please complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract).
To the attention of Lasso Shoes, 63 b rue Heurtault, Aubervilliers (93300), telephone number 06.71.49.11.23 and email address firstname.lastname@example.org :
I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*)/provision of the following service:
Ordered on (*)/received on (*) :
Customer(s) name :
Customer (s) address :
Customer(s) signature (only if sending a hard copy of this form): […] »
(*) Delete as appropriate.